Tuesday 27 March 2007

Tattoos and Piercings


Out of all the lectures we had set for us on this course this was the one that i was most looking forward to. I found the lecture really interesting but at some points disgusting.
I personally don't find tattoos or piercings as being bad, i can understand why some people would though. I know a lot of people get them as a form of rebellion, when i first had my tattoo it wasn't any kind of rebelliousness but a form of expression, i only had a star on my foot, which is nothing really.
The response i got was insane, people would think that i had a tattoo covering my whole foot and leg, people were disgusted that i had one because it was not feminine to have them. I could'nt believe the reaction and this is what has made me get more tatoos. I only have three and they aren't huge either but people still comment on them all the time.
When I'm at work people are always saying something to me about them whether it's good or bad, most the time people ask me 'Why have them?' and i always say 'Why not?' i found out that people can't answer back with a good enough reason.
I love tattoos and piercings, i don't like people covered in them head to toe but if that's what they want to do then fair play to them.
I don't really know the full history on them but i know that they play a huge part in some religions and lives so i think it should be something that people should come to terms with more and not see it as 'bad thing'.


http://www.eurotattoo.co.nz/

No comments: