Tuesday 1 May 2007

Gambling


I personally don't like gambling, because i hate thought of me losing my money so easily. I don't necessarily think gambling is really bad, but i don't like it when people become addicted to it and waste so much money.

I work in a pub where we have slot machines and i see so many people losing money all the time and i feel sorry for them to a certain point. I've seen people putting money in them when there have children and i don't understand why they can't go buy their child something like a toy instead.

I will on the odd occasion do some form of gambling, i will always put a bet on the Grand National, but to me it's just a bit of fun so i won't put a lot on. I never win so i know not to put too much on, i can understand the rush it gives people but i don't know how they can do it all the time let alone afford to do it.

Gambling is such a huge topic because there's so many different types of it nowadays, like the lottery, scratch cards, slot machines etc. I think gambling is a personal thing to do, as well as a stupid thing to do. The odds of actually winning a lot of money is extremely rare which is why the owners are so wealthy.

I think the future for gambling will just grow and more and more people will do it, unfortunately for them they will lose their money. I think there should be restrictions and it do some degree and it shouldn't be encouraged.




No comments: